Robbins Small Boring Units: How the Rockhead Works
The Robbins Rockhead is a mid-sized tunneling machine available in both Single Shield and Double Shield models. Ranging between 54 inch (1.35 m) and 78 inch (2.00 m), the Rockhead is the ultimate solution for line-and-grade critical bores that are over 1,000 ft (300 m) in length. Watch this 3D animation to learn more about these powerful machines.
- Mine Development Machine: Successful Rectangular Rock Bore in Fresnillo, Mexico
- Encountering Caverns in France: TBM Tunneling in Karst Conditions
- 48 Fault Zones and 26 Bar Pressure: Boring Turkey's Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel
- High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai
- When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project