The Next Level: Why Deeper Is Better for TBMs in Mining
Diminishing surficial mineral deposits, increasing environmental regulation and advanced geological exploration techniques are ushering in a new era of mining. Unconventional technology must be adopted to ensure that safe, efficient and responsible access to minerals is possible as prospecting continues to push the mining industry deeper. This paper discusses why competitive mining operations will become increasingly dependent on Tunnel Boring machines (TBMs) for mine development and expansion, and explores the implications of TBMs in a drill and blast dominated industry.
- A Clean Solution for Renewable Energy: Small Diameter Hydro Tunnels
- Non-Continuous Pressurized (NCP) Tunneling in Rock Tunnels at High Water Pressure: A Comparison with Slurry Tunneling
- Non-Circular Tunnel Boring for Underground Mine Development
- Unprecedented In-Tunnel Diameter Conversion of the Largest Hard Rock TBM in the U.S.
- Hard Rock Tunnel Boring at the Jefferson Barracks Tunnel