Completing Mexico City’s Mixed Ground Mega Tunnel: Emisor Oriente
On May 23, 2019, the last of six 8.93 m diameter EPBs completed excavation at Mexico City’s Túnel Emisor Oriente (TEO), a feat marking the completion of ten years and 62.1 km of tunneling. The TEO is a critically-designated plan to stem severe flooding while boosting wastewater capacity, and is the country’s largest infrastructure project. The six EPB TBMs excavated some of the most complex geology on earth, ranging from abrasive volcanic rock to watery clays.
- A Clean Solution for Renewable Energy: Small Diameter Hydro Tunnels
- Non-Circular Tunnel Boring for Underground Mine Development
- Unprecedented In-Tunnel Diameter Conversion of the Largest Hard Rock TBM in the U.S.
- Hard Rock Tunnel Boring at the Jefferson Barracks Tunnel
- The Next Generation of Mixed Ground Tunnel Boring Machines