When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project
Take a trip with Robbins to the scenic Thuong Kon Tum project in Vietnam where a 4.5 m Main Beam TBM has completed boring. After being left in high humidity and groundwater for 14 months, it was up to Robbins and contractor CC47 to step in and turn this project around. Watch the video for an inside look at how Robbins crews tackled multiple fault zones and major water influxes, all while maintaining the required advance rates.
- Mine Development Machine: Successful Rectangular Rock Bore in Fresnillo, Mexico
- Encountering Caverns in France: TBM Tunneling in Karst Conditions
- 48 Fault Zones and 26 Bar Pressure: Boring Turkey's Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel
- High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai
- When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project