Excavating Rock Under 10 Bar Water Pressure
Robbins was the principal supplier of TBM technology for this project. They developed a new, hybrid-type machine concept to successfully manage the 10-bar water pressure anticipated in the worst sections of the tunnel. The project had been a dream for over 100 years, and was finally accomplished through a close collaboration between equipment manufacturers and the international consortium of contractors.
- Use of a Tunnel Boring Machine on Nepal’s First and Second TBM-Driven Tunnels
- Robbins Double Shield Sets Record in Nepal
- Final Breakthrough at Bahçe-Nurdaği Railway
- Record-Setting Large Diameter Mixed Ground Tunneling in Turkey: The Eşme-Salihli Railway Tunnel
- Lessons Learned During Excavation of the Incredibly Challenging Yin Han Ji Wei Water Diversion Tunnel