Next Generation Hybrid: The Crossover TBM
In 2015, the breakthrough of Robbins’ first Crossover TBM took place at Australia’s Grosvenor Coal Mine. The latest generation hybrid machine, made to cross between geologies that would normally require multiple TBMs, excavated variable ground 14 times faster than a roadheader. Since that initial project, dozens of Crossover machines have been used worldwide.
- Use of a Tunnel Boring Machine on Nepal’s First and Second TBM-Driven Tunnels
- Robbins Double Shield Sets Record in Nepal
- Final Breakthrough at Bahçe-Nurdaği Railway
- Record-Setting Large Diameter Mixed Ground Tunneling in Turkey: The Eşme-Salihli Railway Tunnel
- Lessons Learned During Excavation of the Incredibly Challenging Yin Han Ji Wei Water Diversion Tunnel