The First Modern Tunnel Boring Machine
In 1952 James Robbins developed the first modern Tunnel Boring Machine for the Oahe Dam Project in South Dakota, USA. The machine used drag bits and dumbbell-shaped cutters to successfully excavate weak shale rock.
- Use of a Tunnel Boring Machine on Nepal’s First and Second TBM-Driven Tunnels
- Robbins Double Shield Sets Record in Nepal
- Final Breakthrough at Bahçe-Nurdaği Railway
- Record-Setting Large Diameter Mixed Ground Tunneling in Turkey: The Eşme-Salihli Railway Tunnel
- Lessons Learned During Excavation of the Incredibly Challenging Yin Han Ji Wei Water Diversion Tunnel