High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai
Nepal’s first TBM-driven tunnel was a success by any standard: The Robbins Double Shield machine bored up to 1,200 meters a month and finished the Bheri Babai Diversion Multipurpose Project nearly a year early. Listen in on our conversation with Brad Grothen P.E., Robbins Technical Director, and Missy Isaman P.E., Robbins Project Engineer, as we discuss the challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations for future tunnels in mountainous geology.
- Unprecedented Diameter Change: The Mill Creek Tunnel
- Mine Development Machine: Successful Rectangular Rock Bore in Fresnillo, Mexico
- Encountering Caverns in France: TBM Tunneling in Karst Conditions
- 48 Fault Zones and 26 Bar Pressure: Boring Turkey's Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel
- High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai