High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai
Nepal’s first TBM-driven tunnel was a success by any standard: The Robbins Double Shield machine bored up to 1,200 meters a month and finished the Bheri Babai Diversion Multipurpose Project nearly a year early. Listen in on our conversation with Brad Grothen P.E., Robbins Technical Director, and Missy Isaman P.E., Robbins Project Engineer, as we discuss the challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations for future tunnels in mountainous geology.
- Encountering Caverns in France: TBM Tunneling in Karst Conditions
- 48 Fault Zones and 26 Bar Pressure: Boring Turkey's Gerede Water Transmission Tunnel
- High-Speed Tunneling in the Himalayas: Over 1,200 Meters a Month at Bheri Babai
- When the Going Gets Tough: Thuong Kon Tum Hydroelectric Project
- The Crossover in 3D: Robbins XRE TBMs