TBMs For Norwegian Small Hydropower Projects
Small hydroelectric projects, with installed capacity up to 10 megawatts (MW), are a relatively untapped but potentially game-changing source of renewable energy in North America. In Norway, hydro projects are pioneering the use of small diameter TBMs in hard rock. Compared with drill and blast, TBMs offer increased production rates and reduction in cross section, among other benefits. The uniquely designed machines are engineered to take on steep gradients, up to a 45-degree angle in some cases.
- A Clean Solution for Renewable Energy: Small Diameter Hydro Tunnels
- Non-Circular Tunnel Boring for Underground Mine Development
- Unprecedented In-Tunnel Diameter Conversion of the Largest Hard Rock TBM in the U.S.
- Hard Rock Tunnel Boring at the Jefferson Barracks Tunnel
- The Next Generation of Mixed Ground Tunnel Boring Machines